Mask the Flaws in Your Teeth
Porcelain Veneers New Hampshire
Having a beautiful smile is no longer simply an issue of vanity; finding the confidence to express yourself candidly often begins with the appearance of your teeth. Feeling comfortable enough to laugh, smile, and speak your mind without having to hide less-than-perfect teeth can help you get ahead in your professional, social, and personal circles. Dr. Joan Kirschner offers porcelain veneers at her office in New Hampshire in hopes of helping patients struggling with flawed smiles to achieve the look they really want. If you think you may be a candidate for porcelain veneers, contact us in Plymouth today.
Understanding the Procedure
Veneers are sheets of porcelain customized to fit over the front surfaces of your teeth; although extremely thin, they are highly durable. When you first visit Plymouth General Dentistry for your consultation, one of our experts will determine which of your teeth could benefit from veneers. Once we've written up your personalized care plan, treatment generally requires two appointments.
During your first treatment appointment, we will remove a very small portion of your tooth's enamel to make room for the veneer. An impression of your teeth will be taken and sent to our trusted dental laboratory, where your porcelain veneers will be fabricated. Carefully matched with the color of your other teeth, the porcelain veneers will be one-of-a-kind and made just for you. Once the lab sends your veneers back to us, we can schedule your second appointment.
We will begin your final visit with a thorough cleaning of your smile. The prepared surfaces of your teeth will then be gently buffed to optimize their bond with the veneers. Dental cement will be applied and your veneers will be placed. Finally, a special light will be used to quickly harden the cement, which will bring the procedure to a close. Dr. Kirschner may suggest that you make a follow-up appointment a week or two after your veneers have been placed so that we can be sure your veneers are looking and feeling as natural as possible.
If the cosmetic flaws in your smile are getting the best of you, the placement of porcelain veneers could be a life-changing treatment. Porcelain veneers can improve the following aspects of your smile:
- Color: A bright-white smile is on everyone's wish list, and with porcelain veneers you can enhance your pearly whites almost immediately.
- Shape: Misshapen teeth can be distracting. A porcelain veneer, shaped to match the natural contours of your smile, can make a world of difference to your overall appearance.
- Size: If the size of your teeth is not proportionate, veneers can create a more attractive balance.
- Length: Veneers can enhance the length of your teeth to create a fuller-looking smile.
- Spacing: Gaps between your teeth can be easily filled using natural-looking veneers.
- Alignment: Crooked or overlapping teeth can be masked by veneers, which provide the appearance of a naturally straight smile.
Learn More about Porcelain Veneers
At Plymouth General Dentistry, the possibilities for transforming your smile are endless. Whether you're interested in porcelain veneers as a single treatment or would like to hear more about which of our other treatments can be artistically combined for a comprehensive result, don't hesitate to contact us! Our Plymouth office is conveniently located for Holderness and Ashland patients as well.